GEORGETOWN, Texas – Southwestern's offense was firing on all cylinders as the Pirates blasted Howard Payne University 4-0 on a pristine Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- SU took the lead off the boot of Hayley Miesse. Miesse gathered a beautiful through ball from Emily Schmalsteig, taking two touches to the left before placing the ball perfectly into the far upper 90.
- Malorie Lara played the ball through the six-yard box that trickled past the charging keeper to Kierstyn Luckock who sent the ball home with a sliding kick to put the Pirates up 2-0.
- Lara scored herself on a lofting corner that sailed into goal, sending the Pirates in to the break up 3-0.
- Kiara Morales found Mady Akers streaking toward goal in the second half. Akers collected and drilled the ball into the back of the net past the charging keeper, 4-0 lead.
- Malorie Lara: 1 goal, 1 assist
- Southwestern Defense: allowed just five HPU shots
- Southwestern Offense: 14 shots, nine on goal
Southwestern improves to 1-3-1 on the year while HPU falls to 1-2. SU remains at home to face UT Tyler Sunday at 1 pm.