COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – The Pirates finished up SCAC play on Saturday with a pair of 3-0 wins over Centenary and Austin College.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Southwestern was unstoppable against Centenary as the Pirates hit .476 as a team including a .600 attack percentage in the third set.
- SU won 25-7, 25-15, 25-5 over the Ladies.
- In the second match of the day Southwestern came out strong and cruised to the win behind strong defense and steady offense, winning 25-14, 25-23, 25-15.
- Olivia Drummond: 7 kills, .700 attack percentage, 5 blocks
- Kate Mitchell: 5 kills, .444 attack percentage
- Sydney Rochelle: 24 assists, 2 digs, 4 blocks
vs. Austin College
- Kirby Kincannon: 12 kills, .706 attack percentage, 1 block
- Abbie Robb: 11 kills, .333 attack percentage, 1 block
- Andie Alford: 21 digs, 2 assists, 1 ace
- Macey Pool: 10 kills, 15 digs, 1 assist
Southwestern closes out the conference season with a 12-2 record and move to 26-3 on the year. The Pirates will take the second seed in the SCAC Championship that will be hosted in Georgetown on November 6th and 7th. SU heads to San Antonio next weekend to close regular season action with games against Mary Hardin-Baylor, La Verne and UT Dallas.