COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Southwestern was out scored 20-9 in the first quarter and were edged out at the end, falling 68-65 to Colorado College Sunday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Pirates hit just three field goals in the first frame, falling behind early.
- A pair of three's from Audrey Garcia got SU rolling offensively but the Tigers remained tough to stop as Southwestern trailed 46-29 at halftime.
- With a strong push in the final two quarters SU pulled within 12 by the end of the third and tied the game at 62 with 2:09 on the clock. Colorado College sealed the game from the free throw line and held of the Pirates for the win.
- Audrey Garcia: 21 points, 4-9 3PT, 6 rebounds
- Madison Edwards: 13 points, 5-9 FG, 1-1 3PT, 6 rebounds
- Olivia Podaras: 8 points, 7 rebounds
- Field Goal: SU 37.5% (24-64); COLO 45.5% (25-55)
- 3-point: SU 40.0% (6-15); COLO 40.0% (6-15)
- Free throws: SU 61.1% (11-18); COLO (85.7% (12-14)
- Rebounds: SU 41; COLO 34
- Turnovers: SU 14, COLO 15
Southwestern falls to 7-13 on the year and 4-5 in the SCAC. They return home to face Schreiner on Friday for an 8 pm tipoff.